1928 Hupmobile 6 cylinder head needed

I am looking for a 1928 Hupmobile 6 cylinder head. For the car I am planning on buying has a welded up head in which it leaks quit bad and I do not want to buy it if I cannot get a replacement. I have tried to find one but with no luck except for a complete 1929 engine. Thanks

Edited by 28hupp (see edit history)

Hupmobile was a company that proscribed to the scrapping of trade-ins of a certain vintage past new. Old parts are hard to find. You should buy the car and take the hobbyists journey. You will find a head sometime, and don't forget the head gasket, rare also.  I believe other year heads may work also.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)

If you  look at  the  top of the  head you  will  see the  word HUPP followed  by  this  # 62915 . I  have  a good  head with  NO  cracks. If  you  are interested,  $150 dollars plus  shipping and  I  will  give  you  a head gasket with  it.DSCN2446.thumb.JPG.f67e9503ff6fee1e897c1b56b97cad19.JPG

Ok,  let  me  tell  you  about  how  Hupmobile  used  the  casting  #  on the  head  as  a part  #. It  is  a very  simple  way  to  get the  right  part  for  your  Hupp. If  your #  on the  head of the  car  you  are  looking to  purchase matches the  #  you  see on  my  head, it  is the  same  head.  Hupp  used  the  same  head on the  six  cylinders  for  about  4  years. To  answer your  original  question,  No  it  is  not  from  a 1928 Hupp.

Thank you for the information about the casting number Hupp36. I will not know the number for several days because the owner is on vacation and doesn't know what the number is. I will let you know once I find out the number. Thanks again 

If  you end  up  buying this car ,  I  would like  to  tell  you  about  a  great  club,  The  Hupmobile  Club which  has  been  going  strong  since  1970. We  go on tours,  stop  for  ice  cream  and  are the  friendliest  people  you  will  ever meet  from  all over  the  world. We  have  fun.

I have heard of the hupmobile club and thought I might join it if I would get this car for the extra support. Also do you think your head will work for this engine since the only clear numbers match? I am interested in gambling on buying your head to see if it would work.  But if you know for sure it won't work then this is a deal beaker for the car. I will let you know if I will get the car so I can buy your head if possible. Thanks

28hupp, I can assure you that membership in the Hupp Club (and for other makes, the appropriate single-marque club) is the single greatest Return on Investment (ROI) you will ever receive.  The tech support, availability of parts from longtime collectors--many of whom don't advertise elsewhere, and many other reasons cannot be equaled.  In 1968 I joined Cadillac & La Salle Club immediately after acquiring a 1939 Cad 75; I joined the Pierce-Arrow Society in 1994 immediately after acquiring my 1925 sedan; and I joined the Graham-Paige Owners Club in 2000 immediately after acquiring my 1922 Paige.  I have never regretted a nickel of my dues for all these years.

In fact, if you have your heart set on one particular marque such as Hupp, membership in that single-marque club is the fastest and easiest way to get smart on issues such as the market, availability of parts, and which models are most desirable at different price points.