1928 Master Marvel pot metal venturi replacement?

alsfarms

Does anyone, in this forum, know of a replacement part, in either brass or aluminum, to replace the deteriorating Pot metal venturi in the Marvel carburetors?  Has this item been reproduced making new castings available?  Please give me an idea what I can do to get past this rotten pot metal casting.

Al

Al,  

No aftermarket venturi availability as far as I know.  Have you removed the venturi?  This is where you need to start. 

- How bad is it.  I pulled mine out and fixed it using a file to remove some of the metal since it is growing.  I figured it is good for some amount of time.

Other considerations 

- Make a dimensional drawing of the venture.  Send it to a few machine shops to see what they would charge to cut a new one out of aluminum billet.  A foundry may be able to cast a new one in bronze, brass or aluminum.  There are small casting kits, and you may be able to cast your own.

-Find another old carburetor.  Not all of these are exploded.  I think they got the casting right 10% of the time. 

Hugh

Hello Hugh,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry regarding Marvel carbs.  I am certain that with some creativity, I can get a good functioning carb.  Thanks for your links and additional information and thoughts.

Al