SOLD 53-55 3 speed conversion, 6 bolt top and Ansen Shifter

MrEarl

Pretty much everything needed to convert Dynaflow to three speed with floor shift. Includes a 3 speed 6 bolt top transmission, bellhousing, flywheel, flywheel cover, pressure plate, clutch fork, foot pedals, and an old school Ansen Posi-Shift floor shifter.

$700 complete.  To be picked up or will box it, put on a crate and carry to Fastenall for additional $50, you arrange shipping. If it doesn't sell soon may sell piece by piece. (But don't be shocked when you see what the rare Ansen floor shifter alone will be. ) 

IMG_1632.JPGIMG_7532.JPGIMG_7533.JPGIMG_7534.JPG

IMG_1636.JPGIMG_1637.JPGIMG_1638.JPGIMG_1639.JPGIMG_1640.JPG

3 minutes ago, Beemon said:

I thought this one had sold a while ago? You didn't throw this up because of my thread, did you? :P Are clutches available? And how rare is the U-joint?

It did sell, but I took it back as part payment for a '54 Century sort of...?

Pure coincidence my good man, pure coincidence. ?

Clutches are available, '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee comes to mind (or what's left of it) I also have a couple low wear ones that can go with for refacing. 

The u joints are somewhat rare, but  I just sold one for like $75-100 I think so not too expensive.  

I may also have a 56 tranny unit I could swap out. Need to figure out for sure that that is what it is though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrEarl said:

I just posted the link to Russ Martin's on Ben's other thread....  great minds think alike?  or birds of a feather or some crap....

• Like 1

I'm really thinking about this right now... I think I'm tired and need 8 hours of sleep before I make a dedicated decision. These night shifts are really getting to me.  I wouldn't even have the cash saved for another month...

All I know about the 56 Syncromesh is that the bellhousing flange to torque ball is the same length as a Dynaflow, as the torque tube is the same. There are no numbers indicating the stamped numbers make it a 56 in the shop manual, either.

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Beemon said:

If for some reason they don't want the floor shifter, let me know! :P

I actually have an old "new in box" shifter for a five bolt but can't remember for sure if it is an Ansen or Drag-Fast. If Ansen, then the shift mechanism would likely be the same. Ansens were, from all I've read, the best in the day. I also have an old Fenton and a home made job that knowing your genius propensity to design, you may could use to fab up your own shifter. "The Beemon Dynaflow Eliminator" :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrEarl said:

I actually have an old "new in box" shifter for a five bolt but can't remember for sure if it is an Ansen or Drag-Fast. If Ansen, then the shift mechanism would likely be the same. Ansens were, from all I've read, the best in the day. I also have an old Fenton and a home made job that knowing your genius propensity to design, you may could use to fab up your own shifter. "The Beemon Dynaflow Eliminator" :D

I would be interested to see what you've got! When you've got time, just shoot me a pm with the different shifters. Been looking up the ansen shifters online and they don't seem too complicated, and I have access to a water jet so it would just be a matter of bending after the panels have been cut, then find a good spring board to keep the stick on the right side. Everything else can be had at the hardware store, I looked. B)

• Like 1