Few questions on cutlass

I just have a few questions about cutlass's<P>I know they stopped making cutlass's with the W body in 1997, but a few times, I have seen a really werid body with the word cutlass on it.. is this just my imagation? Where can I find some pictures of these cars, and are they pricey?<P>And last, I have a 95 cutlass supreme SL(as if you didn't know.. ) with a 3.1, I have around 144K miles on it, it still runs good, but will the engine last much longer, or should I look for more???

Wayal- describe "weird body". They made Cutlasses from 1961-2001 in at least eight body platforms, each of which was very different from the one before. I'm guessing you're kinda young and may not have seen the early incarnations.<P>Or are you talking about the last ones made- the nondescript little four-doors that were actually damn good cars, just blend-into-the-background invisible?<P>What you may have seen was a Cutlass Ciera. They built millions of 'em in the 80s. Or even a mid 80s Cutlass Calais, which was the same car as a GrandAM.<P>See why Olds often had identity crises? grin.gif" border="0 and it got worse after GM corporate decided that each Division would have and sell a version of every platform the General had. All that scheme accomplished was to alienate traditional buyers and confuse people who might have become new customers.<P>Try 442.com for pics. The site has a Virtual Car Show section. You may find what you seek.<P>If that engine is quiet and not using any oil to speak of, it will last a while. You've said it- "it runs good". Keep it maintained properly- at that mileage you might want to consider changing oil more frequently, every 2000-2500 miles or so. And ALWAYS use an AC-Delco oil filter if possible. If not possible, then a Purolator or Wix. Tests have proven those brands are best.

Well, from what my dealer told me, they stopped making cutlass's in 1997, all magaizes have showed it also. Yes, I am young, I'm 18 years old.<P>The car I'm looking for is more boxy then what the 94-97 w body cutlass's, sorta like a Chev. Maliubu... maybe this will help. I looked on 442.com, didn't see many pictures, and none of the cutlass I'm looking for.

We put the name on anything we could think of...that is what the magic of the Cutlass name used to be. I think that the car you are referring to is the 97 thu 99 Cutlass which shared the same platform as the Malibu. These cars were very affordable new and real inexpensive now that the are a few years old/<P>Rocketraider...Cutlass's until 2001? Am i missing something or did I foget to order them on 00 and 01? Wishful thinking or have you been hitting the sauce?!<BR> grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: oldscarnut ]

Steve, it's called CRS disease! grin.gif" border="0 For some reason I thought they made them thru 2001. I'm not too keen on the local Chev-Olds-Cad dealer due to some, ah, "extracurricular activities" he's known to be involved in and rarely got a chance to look over the new car offerings in Reidsville and Greensboro.<P>I think 95Cutlass might be thinking of earlier cars since he says they're boxy, but there's plenty of pics of those on 442.com.<BR>95, is this a newer car you're thinking of or a big ol' boat Cutlass? If you can tell us if it's a 2-door or 4-door that'll help us narrow it down further since all the last ones were 4-doors.

I think oldscarnut got it, I was doing a bit of surfing and I think thats the one I'm looking for, between 97-99. And I ment they stopped making the Cutlass Supreme in 97. <P>See I have a 95 Cutlass Supreme, and Like I said, I'm about to go into college. I got a steal on this car, it was 6,000 dollars, by uncle at the dealer gave it to me for 3,000. I have had it for about a year now, it gets an oil change every 3000 miles or before, till this month, I washed it once a week(by hand every other, by touch less car wash the other),thats gong to change to every 2 weeks, now that I have a bra for my car. And I'm about to get a tune up, new spark plugs(Hopefully 4 prog), good quality wires, and such. But i'm about to head off to college, and like now, I'm driving a loner, cause after I got it looked that, they said it was fine, but when I shut the AC off, smoke started to come out of vents..<P>I take good care of my car, I was taught to do it by my first car(68 pont. Catalia) and such, but the last thing in college I need is this car to fail. I was looking as possible trading it in for one of those new cutlass's if they are worth it. And if my car would be worth it, 95, with 144K miles on it. frown.gif" border="0 <P>Suggestions are a plus<P>P.S. about the oil filter, I don't know what it is, its whatever they use at my dealers shop. Larson Motor Center.