Happy New Year

ChrisWhewell

If I win the lottery, I'll seriously consider going around the country and buying up all the cheap Reattas, then get some land with outbuildings and hire a crew to part all of them out and warehouse the parts.   Then, there will be fewer Reatta's around which should drive up the price of each remaining one in existence, while providing a super warehouse of parts !!

• Like 1

If I hit big money, I'd finish work on my existing fleet then get a 91 convertible that needed paint and do it in Polo Green. Would also get a 90 convertible and throw an 89 interior in it as that would be the easiest two years to swap the CRT instrumentation on. Not so feasible on a 91 since the power train/PCM are different and the ABS system is also different.

Then I'd probably get another coupe and go heavily custom in terms of exterior color and a high end redo of the interior (all hand stitched leather on doors and dash panels, probably in a non stock color). Maybe consider doing a supercharged 3800 but not sure what I'd do about the transmission, since building up a HD version of the 4T60 is not really entirely possible form what I've read.

Finally, I'd find someone with the skills to reverse engineer and document the CRTC and BCM on 88/89 cars so I could do the code customizing I'd like to so but have been unable to due to lack of needed information.

Happy new year.

• Like 2

For that kind of scratch, may as well go the distance and custom build a rear drive supercharged Reatta. Even with a drop in SC kit, FWD handling is still less than optimal for high performance. Keep it stockish looking so it is a sleeper. And Ronnie,  my wish list is just that. Not going to happen in this reality due to economic constraints. I'm happy to have the cars I do, with what I've accomplished so far. Besides, I can only commit so much to my Reatta obsession. I do have other hobbies and expenses that demand a piece of the pie.

• Like 2

Some many years ago I was coming back late on I35 in my 1997 SC Riviera, and there was this little ricer car in front of me, taunting the camaro that was also in front of me, for a little action.   The camaro driver would have no part of it, the ricer eventually passed and went on ahead.   So, I stepped on it and caught up to him in a flash and did the same taunts.   Whammo, pedal to the metal.   He couldn't keep up, but then suddenly he got a little boost, no doubt, nitrous.   He steamed ahead, passing me in the right lane but just 2 lengths after he passed - puff !!   Mucho white smoke out his tailpipe as he suddenly lost speed.   Lesson - if you run nitrous, don't juice it for too long !!    Those Rivieras, 96-98 are a dream car to me, especially if you put an undersized pulley on the SC !!  The world is safe now, my car is powered by an LN3.

Edited by ChrisWhewell (see edit history)

2 hours ago, KDirk said:

And Ronnie,  my wish list is just that. Not going to happen in this reality due to economic constraints.

Same here. My budget for the plans I have for my Reatta in the new year are limited to what I can do with a couple of Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. :lol:

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow! I thought my list of things I want to get done in the new year was ambitious but it's nothing compared to what you guys have in mind. :)

Hi Ronnie.

I checked out your list of things to do and noticed that you didn't have flushing of your brake system on the list.

You must have done that last year.

Your seats and paint do look better.

I hear you on the clay bar bay thing, I have spent hours with a chunk of clay in my hands.

Currently approx. 24-28 in my shop now so not much going on out there.

Keep up the good work and you can sit back and drive your Reatta this spring when it is all done.

Cal.

PS I forgot to add have a safe and happy New Year.

Edited by 91vert
Addition (see edit history)

2 hours ago, 91vert said:

I checked out your list of things to do and noticed that you didn't have flushing of your brake system on the list.

You must have done that last year.

Happy New Year to you too! Yeah, I did the brake flush last summer. You must live where it's really cold. It's 57 outside here in East Tennessee today. My attached garage is just right for working. I tried my new polisher/buffer (Christmas present) today and I think it's going to work well but it's going to require spending a lot of time. My paint is in poor condition..