Price Reduced! 1950 Ford 2 Door Post Custom Deluxe Club Coupe "Shoebox" (Mid-Restoration)

Update: I reduced the car price to $10k. I do have someone coming to look at it in the next week. If it doesn't sell by then I will relist on eBay. 

I have reduced the fender skirts to $700. They are metal and from the era, not recent repops and very nice shape. I have a person interested in the visor if the car buyer doesn't want it. (The one coming to see it doesn't want it or the skirts). 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Update: I reduced the car price to $10k. I do have someone coming to look at it in the next week. If it doesn't sell by then I will relist on eBay. 

I have reduced the fender skirts to $700. They are metal and from the era, not recent repops and very nice shape. I have a person interested in the visor if the car buyer doesn't want it. (The one coming to see it doesn't want it or the skirts). 

So ..... to review here, the bottom of the skirts are "flared", they are also metal.

If they are flared and metal and NOT RECENT, that puts these skirts back into the era of the "Foxcraft skirts".

NOT RECENT  is the important phrase here, if the guy looking at the skirts is NOT positive, don't take his word as gospel. It'll bite you in the rear ...... and not in a good way.

If the skirts  fit the '50, they will fit '49 to '51 Ford. Positively.

As I said in an earlier post, knowing the above, I'd be comfortable asking $650 BUT you need to "date them" back into the day of Foxcraft fame.

Keep in mind, V.L., I can buy metal flared repops today, those skirts you have must be dated to command the cash.

Take care.

Edited by bobg1951chevy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobg1951chevy said:

So ..... to review here, the bottom of the skirts are "flared", they are also metal.

If they are flared and metal and NOT RECENT, that puts these skirts back into the era of the "Foxcraft skirts".

NOT RECENT  is the important phrase here, if the guy looking at the skirts is NOT positive, don't take his word as gospel. It'll bite you in the rear ...... and not in a good way.

If the skirts  fit the '50, they will fit '49 to '51 Ford. Positively.

As I said in an earlier post, knowing the above, I'd be comfortable asking $650 BUT you need to "date them" back into the day of Foxcraft fame.

How do you do that ?

Here's a time framing event, if you will.

Say I'm a friend of your Dad, and I told you .......

"Well, I distinctly remember the other 1950 your Dad had from 1956.

Back then, he had these very skirts that he was going to sell with the car, but then decided to keep the skirts."

Keep in mind, V.L., I can buy metal flared repops today, those skirts you have must be dated to command the cash.

If only I had those skirts in my hand. :-)

Heck, I've been saying that same phrase to myself for years.

OK, now I made you smile.

Take care.

Thanks Bob! You can tell to see them in person. My mechanic has a shop restoring old cars and I have had another man with a shop confirm. I'm so positive that I'd pay shipping  to have them returned and refund full purchase price if I recived them in the same condition. (No scratches, dents). It just might be the kind of thing I sell local. Or take home for the appraiser who has 50 cars and manages a Chevy dealership to sell for me. I'd negotiate down $50 bucks without the guarantee. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)