colours 1967

Bosand

Welcome to the ROA forum and your first post Anders.

This information was published in the Riv iew in a series of very informative articles by Darwin Falk on the different model years of Riviera.

I will need to reference my back issues, or someone may have the information and post it here.

Buick has info on how many cars were painted green, how many cars came with vinyl tops, and how many were equipped with a certain interior color.  But, they don't have informations on how many cars came with the different combinations.  You're not going to be able to figure out "mine is 1 of X".  Sorry, we'd all like to know that but the info isn't out there and it never was.

Oh yeah, Darwin's articles are now on the ROA's website.  But they're in the members only section.  You should consider joining.  There are a lot more members in the ROA along with the technical advisors for different generation Rivieras than there are contributors to this forum.  That translates to much more information. ?

Thanks for that answer and yes i am a member of ROA, first thing a did when i bought the car :-)

I just didnt find the issue of Rivew in members section so i am grateful for your answers even if it didnt help me in this issue

/Anders

Is your paint Code H?

I don't think the 1967 data was ever compiled for ext/int colors. The seafoam green/green mist color wan't too uncommon, nor was it more common. If I had to "guess" it would have been in the top six most popular colors. Having said that, #6 in order of popularity could have covered maybe 6-8% of cars built and If I had to guess, I'd say green mist is in the range or close to it. The exterior color spread was pretty wide meaning no one color was overwhelmingly popular.

Green mist cars often came with green or black interiors.

On the ROA website under Color and Trim charts for '67, the only exterior green listed is code J "Verde Green" and the only trim color in green is only available on the optional Strato Bench seat; that code is 610.  Look at your Data Plate and see what two Letters (or letter/number) combo is shown for your PAINTcode and see if there's a code for TRIM

Hello again

mine is a 610-D with colour code J9 so that adds up, a bit confused about the fisher plate on it since it starts with 66-49487 and then it says if i read correctly EUC XXXXXX and i cant find any plant with that code in my fisher body file.

The 66 in front should if i read it right be a 1966 but the plate in the doorjam says its a 1967 so maybe an early 67 or what do you guys think?

/Anders

EUC  is the code for the Euclid, OH body plant.  From Euclid, the body including EVERYTHING that's part of that unit is then shipped to Flight to, MI for final assembly which would be engine, chassis, and front clip plus things like the steering column, radio, etc.

That's why the data plate only includes options that were installed at the body plant.

Ed