Bayonet bulb socket connector

Guest rbassemir

Guest rbassemir

We are in need of the connector to a rear tail light on a 1917 Maxwell. Does any know who sells them? Sorry I don't have a picture but if I were to describe it in words it would look like a bayonet bulb but instead of a glass bulb there is a spring loaded plunger that makes contact with the center of the bayonet bulb.

Maybe the same connector is used on the Model T? I don't know. We could fabricate a new socket inside the rear tail light, but if we can find this connector we would prefer to use it.  We would appreciate it if anyone knows who sells them.

Thanks,

Rich / Doug

rtbassemir.com/1916-transcontinental-road-trip

Guest rbassemir

Thanks guys. I did not have a hard copy of the Mac's Model T catalog so I tried to search on "connector" and other keywords but can not seem to find this connector. Have not figured out how to get to page 131 online. I did see the double contact socket which is exactly what we have but not the end that goes into the end opposite the bulb. Can you give me a part number from their catalog?

I also looked at riwire.com and found a full wiring harness for the Maxwell but that is more than I need. :-)

I appreciate the suggestions.

Rich 

Guest rbassemir

Ah yes, got it, thanks a bunch!!

The one used on the Maxwell is actually slightly different in design and that is why I missed this one. I was looking for a different design but I believe this one will work. Thanks for passing along the part number!!

Rich

Guest rbassemir

Thanks for the link RansomEli. They also had the connector I was looking for but it was more than the one offered by Mac's ($10 vs $15).

But it looks like it would be a good source for other parts.

Rich

Guest rbassemir

wow, yep that is the light! Looks like a page from the parts list book. The part B5974 is what I needed. I ordered a connector with a single contact in hopes I can make this work.

Do you know where I can purchase B5974 in case I can't get the connector I ordered to work?

This is what I ordered.

connector.PNG