Was invited to a concourse

v12lincoln

A few months ago I was invited to take my 15 year old restoration to niello concourse at Sarano country club, due to financial problems with helping family I declined but they waived the fees to have my car there.

we drove to the show with the top down, beautiful day, got parked and car cleaned up and went to look at the other cars, lots of nice Lincoln Continentals, big Packard and even a Delahaye.

after a couple hours a got a call my car was smoking, the dual window switch panel must have shook loose and the hot wire was grounding on door frame. No major damage just a discolored wire and it drained my battery enough that car wouldn't start.

while searching for a jump box the sky clouded up. Didn't think anything of it as it doesn't rain in calif.

my wife, mother in law and I went to lunch and came back sitting on a bench waiting for a friend to drop off a jump box, ( the people putting on the concourse didn't hàve one).

2  minutes after getting the jump box on our way back to the car the sky opened up and poured hard, I hooked up the box and got the car started only to have it die. Got out and hooked it up and wife stayed with it while I got the top up before disconnecting it this time, by then the three of us were drowned rats. Then had to get the windows up all but the drivers went up due to the short. Lucky I had a 5/16 to take it all apart and use the one good switch to finally get the drivers window up.

it poured for another 25-30 minutes, we all laughed about it, I don't worry to much with an older restoration but that poor Delahaye had its top off and took the full brunt of the rain till someone found a large piece of plastic to cover it up.

will post some pics soon.

Years ago the LZOC had a meet in Lincoln New Hampshire. Since it was only hours away from home my late wife (Joanne) and I decided to go with my not yet restored '48 Lincoln Continental. Well it was more like my idea and she came along.  We no sooner get on Rte 93 heading north and it started to rain, not a heavy rain just a steady one. Of course this was only the second time I had the car out in the rain and it leaked from the windshield, cowl vent and wiper towers. We ended up finding a Walmart or Target and bought towels to cover our legs and soak up the floor. We made it to Lincoln had a great time and also laughed about it. I guess with the right person you can enjoy any situation. George.