1930 Lincoln Sport Phaeton tool kit

tomwallace

I am trying to preserve a 1930 Lincoln Sport Phaeton that was owned by the same family since 1938. A lot of upholstery and paint issues to tackle.

I was trying to put together a tool kit but I am having trouble documenting what came in a tool kit. I have seen tool kits included with 1930 Lincoln cars sold on Ebay. None are the same. An Ebay seller emailed me documentation of what he said was the tool kit list from 1929 and 1930. I don’t know where he got the info. Perhaps from an owner’s manual? or parts list?

A local fellow said that all of the tools came stamped with an “L” to show they were specifically made for Lincoln. I’m not quite sure about that.

I attached all the documentation of what I have. Perhaps you have seen this before. Any advice is appreciated.

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

linc4-760x466.jpg

DSCN2936.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I see a number of things in that tool roll sample that are not correct. Many items get added to the roll by owners for various reasons and you can simply take them out. I see several things that are missing as well.

It looks like you have what you need to get started. The parts book may not be the correct year, but thats ok. Keep in mind that the L part numbers will only be cast on some of the spanners and the lincoln timing chain adjustment wrenches. Everything else was sourced from other manufacturers so searching for the lincoln part number for those items will not get you anywhere. Still, some years the kits were all billings spencer and none of the parts had L numbers on them. You may have to make the tire irons and the brake adjustment wrenches, they just cannot be found.

• 3 weeks later...

Our plan is to get the car ready for our local concours, Dayton Carillon Concours, here in Dayton next year, September 2017. Right now I am looking to preserve the upholstery, paint and top. We hope to work on the engine next spring and to get it in a running state.

tom

• 4 months later...