Rocker Arm Shaft Rebuild?

70sWagoneers

Ive got a 1937 Buick Special 40 with the 248 ci Straight 8. It needs a new rocker arm shaft which I cannot seem to find so far, but has anyone had one re-chromed and ground? Where/who does this and maybe about how much might it cost?

Thanks

James C.

Mooresville, NC

Sent my 25 Master 6 rocker arm shaft to Electronic Chrome & Grinding in Santa Fe Springs California. They did an outstanding job on mine, quick turn around and reasonably priced at 165.00 including return delivery. Yours my be more $ as its longer and it's been 4 years since I had mine done. 

Jim B

Guest EBartos

Very sorry to be completely off topic with this comment; my apologies to all post-ers.  I couldn't figure out how to ask a question of Mark Shaw:

Mark, I saw a comment you posted 5 years ago regarding Astroshield.  You put a link in there and I am assuming since the company went out of business, Astroshield just cannot be found any longer.  So my question to you is this- has anything you've used in recent years compared to Astroshield?  Please share.  My father gave me a can of it many years ago now, right around when it was discontinued.  The stuff is legendary.  I still have that can, but it's almost gone and frankly it's not looking like it used to.  I used it yesterday and still got the same amazing (no lie, my car looks like a million bucks again) results so I'm on the quest again to find a replacement for when it's completely out.  

Again, very sorry to post this comment on completely unrelated topic... 

Thank you!

Erin

image.jpeg