hazard lights for 55 buick

buckeye2

Has anyone installed hazard lights on a 55 Buick?

I installed hazard lights on my Buick. It was trial and error until I finely got it almost right.

The hazard lights flash the way they are supposed to. The only small problem is when I step on the brakes the front parking lights come on.

This not a problem because it does not hurt anything, but does anyone have an answer to my problem.

buckeye2

It will be your front indicators coming on I think

The hazard switch is bypassing the isolation of the front indicators to the rear indicators/brake lights

The type of hazard switch you need must have 4 independent outputs/contacts for the flashers

THE FRONT TURN SIGNAL LIGHTS COME ON WHEN YOU APPLY THE BRAKES, PUT THEY DO NOT FLASH,THEY ONLY FLASH IN FLASHER MODE. I USED A 4 POLE SWITCH, An electrician

SAID I NEEDED A 6 POLE SWITCH. I DON'T THINK THEY MAKE A 6 POLE SWITCH.

THANK You for the reply

buckeye 2

Wire 4 diodes as such: Each anode of the diode is connected to each other, then goes to a separate hazard flasher and switch. Then each cathode of the diode (banded end) goes to wire leading to each brake/turn signal. Two of the diodes will go to front turn signals, other two diodes will go the rear brake / turn signals. Each of these wires can be attached to wires coming out of the turn signal switch.

Exactly

THEY DO MAKE A 6 POLE (OR THEY USED TOO). YOUR ELECTRICIAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIX THAT FOR YOU WITH THE DIODES.

Sorry about the caps, but we are communicating across the ocean, so shouting must be required :)

• Like 1