Dash Fittings 1931 Chrysler CD8 Roadster

Restoring a '31 Chrysler CD8 Roadster for which original dash was removed mercilessly 40 +years ago. Have made a new dash and about to installl in car subject to cutting holes for the 5 gauges and miscellaneous other fittings. Recently found 2 original gauges, a NOS Fuel and a used but working Ammeter, and also usable guts for an oil pressure gauge as shown herein. I also include a photo of the fitments of an original dash, and the one I am making. If anyone has leads on a temp gauge, speedometer, good oil gauge, dash lights and pull cables (C-choke and H-heat riser), please let me know. Tough stuff to find. Cheers.

IMG_4080.JPG

CD8 Detail6.jpg

IMG_3660.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Turns out the above mentioned "positive PM from a chap" I got on this ad appears to be a scam. So caution everyone if someone semds you an email offering to fill your WTB list. Ian S has been alerted. BTW. emailed astheime@pdt.net, came back as recipient address rejected. Will call #.

Edited by Gunsmoke
additional info (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update, I purchased a pretty good temperature gauge, and a proper speedometer (missing bezel and glass) from one of the posters above, to go with the NOS gas gauge and decent ammeter shown in initial picture. Still need a proper oil gauge, and bezel/glass for speedo. Also still need both pull cables and dash lights. Thanks for anything you can offer or anyone you can direct me to. 

I finally dared cut the holes for the 5 gauges for my CD8 Roadster. In addition to the gas and amp gauges I now have, expect a good temp gauge and partial speedo this week along with a "close" oil gauge. So drilled 2" holes for 4 gauges and 2&5/8" hole for speedo. At same time, tack welded a backup piece so drilling made gauge mounting panel at same time. Cleaned up holes with drum disk, and all goes together well. Still need dash lights (will enlarge holes to suit) and pull cables that go in the 4 bolt holes to hold panel against dash. Also have to reinforce edges of mounting panel to make it stiffer, will likely just roll edges 1/8" or so. One of photos shown car "as found" with its '33 Chevrolet dash installed in 1970's!! The steering wheel/controls BTW are from circa '28/'29 Mopar, perhaps PLymouth/Chrysler etc. I like the look in a Roadster, will do until I find a correct CD8 steering assembly, if ever, not worried!

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

Chrysler13.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke
sic (see edit history)