Floyd Virginia - Mountain Top Swap - June 3-5

Wowabunga

I've been wanting to attend for the past 2 years... heading down next weekend.   In the middle of no where.   My hope is if you get that far back into the woods some good stuff might craw out and end up on someone's vending table.

http://www.chasingsscars.com/2016_floyd_auto_fair

They have a large group of gals dressing up in 1940's WW2 fashions.     Going down to put my toe in the water to see what is what.

20 hours ago, 62BillT said:

I've been every year since it started at this location.  Great small time meet and it is growing.  We hope for it to be a mini-Charlotte someday.  Plenty of room to grow to boot. 

Are you vending Bill ?   If so bring some old jacks I collect them :)

2 hours ago, Wowabunga said:

Are you vending Bill ?   If so bring some old jacks I collect them :)

No, I just go to buy.  I look for Impala parts and have more fun there that way to boot, lol.

What kind of jacks do you like?

Rolled in at 7:30 and was able to get some quality shopping in before dusk. From the looks of the BBQ rig in front of the general store it's gonna be some good eating Saturday. Photo is after a quick rain, see rainbow in upper right corner.... so pretty out here. Saturday I'm told the empty field below the rainbow will be filled up with show cars....!

collageFriday.jpg

Yes 62BillTneighbors.JPG.... drove down my Geo Metro ( got 50mpg on the trip ) to test the waters at the show.  Brought enough stuff that would sell and yes the good stuff walked home with some happy shopper.  I was up on the hill, just below the Indian Tee-Pee.   And yes fellow vendors, I covered my expenses and met my sales/profit goal.  Erik the promotor gives out some rather nice vendor door PRIZE$ on Sunday.  

There's a few old iron salvage yards in the area, looking into coming down early next show.  Can never have enough 3cyl Geo parts...!!!!   Made oodles of new friends...

• Like 1

Bath house vendor had the doggie display with running water, and all the primitive wood antiques.  I had one small table next to him, had the 3 spinner Lancer hubcaps and some nice floormats on the hill side.   Just brought enough to cover my costs.   Next trip I'll have the 62 Shasta Camper and some Firefly Tiki Lights for atmosphere.  This place is so pretty, that making a fortune was just not on the to do list this weekend.... a much needed break in the action. :)

Photo taken from my weekend vending spot / home away from home spot on the hill.  So darn pretty here... 

satcollageSM.jpg

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

I have a pretty good idea where you were at.  I also rode by you a couple of times after picking up some parts.  I had the '72 C-10 Long Bed similar to that nice '71/'72 Blue 4X4 across from you. But mine is a 2-Wheel Drive, Medium Green.

I also have plans to go back again in August. 

Glad you liked it.  It gets a little bigger and better every year.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We'll be in that area in September - 16/17 for a MG club tour.   Any recommendations for good antique shops, or anything to do with old cars appreciated! 

Terry