Kissel Kar Klub Meet June 25, 2016

All,

Wanted to make sure everyone interested in Kissel Kars was aware that the 110-year Kissel Kar Klub Meet will occur all day, June 25, 2016 at the Wisconsin Automotive Museum, in Hartford, Wisconsin. Rare Kissel cars from across the USA as well as the Museums extensive Kissel collection will be shown and driven. Take this opportunity to savor these wonderful and exotic vehicals, as well as the Museum's other great cars. For more information contact Dawn at the Wisconsin Automotive Museum.

IMG_2047 [187071].JPG

1923 Kissel Gold Bug at Ruger Pond.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Roj

I would just like to say you are an inspiration to the hobby.  Those are very nice cars and the work that has been done is spectacular!!!!!!!

Mercer,

those torpedo lights on the Kissel Gold Bug are " E & J Model 20 " lights, manufactured by Edmunds and Jones. We think that Kissel dealers offered these as options in 1922 and 1923, since several Kissel Gold Bugs have these on them including one barn find. These lights were also used on a few other high end classic cars of that time frame. 

E & J  Model 20 lights are much spught after today by hot rodders as well as antique guys, since they look fantastic on deuce coupes and similar rods. These lights, if you can find them often are very very expensive.

thanks, Ron 

All -

There is a beautiful set of E & J Model 20 headlights in original polished aluminum, as are on my Kissel, for sale on ebay right now.

The "buy it now" price is a steep $2,995. I have seen such lights, when available, go for $2,000 ++.

Either you love them or hate them. I think they really look cool on Speedsters!

Ron Hausmann P.E.