32 50 Series Engine Help

Guest Paulserra

Guest Paulserra

I am restoring a 1932 50 series at my school, Pennsylvania College Of Technology. Recently I have been trying to track down a set of piston rings, but it seems there aren't a lot of options. I have contacted AD Piston Rings in Ohio to get custom rings made. They quoted me, 16 compression rings $21.64 per ring, 8 oil rings $84.34 per ring. That's a lot of money, and I would have to allow 6 weeks for shipping. I'll be out of school by then.

My question is, does anyone know where I might be able to find a ring kit, or a cheaper company to make the rings? I attached the forms I gave to AD which have all of my measurements for the rings.

32buickringspecs.pdf

Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by Paulserra (see edit history)

If it is stock bore and the 32 is same as 31 - 50 I have a brand new set. I ordered a set. then the engine shop put my piston in a vise trying to drive out the wrist pin and egg shaped the piston. end result. I had to have arias machine shop build me all new aluminum pistons and rings. I believe the stock bore was 2 7/8 "  stroke 4 1/4".. and I do believe the 31 and 32 -50's are the same

Edited by my31buick (see edit history)