MOUNTAIN DRIVE

LAS VEGAS DAVE

We took our 38 to San Fernando Valley California for three days. We went to Bobs BigBoy for the Friday night gathering and then visited friends for a few days. We drove the car up many steep hills surrounding the San Fernando Valley during the trip. I was wondering how the car would do as far as speed and heat were concerned on the hills. Some hills are not only steep but also a few miles or more long and some are steep but only a mile or two long. The car was able to maintain 50 to 55 mph on all the hills traveled over two days and stayed about 170 degrees or less. There is a 160 thermostat in the car. I didn't use overdrive on the hills but used it whenever we were just on the regular flat freeway. It was only about  75 or 80 degrees outside temp so the weather was perfect. I feel confident now that the car could be driven anywhere if the outside temp was like it was then. I am still not sure about it in temperatures around 100 degrees but they are coming to Vegas soon so we will see what happens.

• Like 2