2nd Gen Power Antenna

Guest McBuick

Guest McBuick

Looking for someone who can rebuild mine. I have struggled even with the manual. Is there anyone out there who specializes in these power antennas?

Thanks,

Michael

2nd Generation power antennas are relatively easy to overhaul. The hardest part of the entire operation is removal of the domed cover on the housing.

Dirt and corrosion buildup in the base of the housing will restrict the movement of the nylon cable, and cause it to jam, as will bent or damaged sections of the antenna mast. A broken cable will need replacing. Power antenna overhaul is covered in the shop manual, and there are several articles that were published in back issues of the Riview.

I do repair power antenna that came on GM cars.

There are several different designs so if you have anything older than 1982 we probably need to talk....I have very limited replacement parts for those antenna.

The 1982 and newer "slimline" are no problem with part...... however I do not have the fitting/adaptors that show on the outside where the antenna comes thru the body...those very with year and product line.

I am the BCA Technical Advisor for Reatta and that is how I got involved repairing antenna.  Ray of the Riviera club ask if he could run an article I wrote about repairing the slimline antenna and that was in the Riv club magazine 3-4 years ago.... the main difference in my repair....I do not use a plastic line, I use a steel cable that is plastic coated and should last as long as anything on the car.   Repairing antenna does not keep food on the table and I am happy to help anyone repair their own antenna...of if you do not have the time, tools, or skills, send it to me and I will do the job.

The best bet is to call me and we can talk about your antenna.

Barney call  512-869- five,one,one,four

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest McBuick

I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Barney Eaton for the work he did on my 68 Riviera power antenna. I sent him two units, both with there own problems and he made one great antenna. If you need power antenna work done, he is your man. Now I am back in bussiness. Thanks Barney!