Transporting a car to Alaska ?

Dave@Moon

Has anyone had a good experience with a transporter shipping to/from Alaska?  I am tasked with shipping a car to the Anchorage area from Cincinnati, and none of the carriers I am familiar with (mainly from Hemmings ads) ship to AK.  So far I am only getting responses from brokers whose companies I do not recognize.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

19 hours ago, jeff_a said:

You should contact Willy Vinton at The Fountainhead Auto Museum in Fairbanks. They have shipped dozens of collector cars back and forth in the last seven years. Maybe he could give you a contact for the company they use.

Thanks Jeff.  I sent them an email.  We're getting an absurd number of offers from people I've never heard of, almost all of them the same amount. so any help we can get is needed to pick from them. 

It's harder to trust someone else's car to an unknown than your own.

Dave,

Hope it works out. It may not be of any use for a Cincinnati to Anchorage transport, but I was reading the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum blog today and saw a mention 2 or 3 pages back about their 1902 Knox. It said when the weather gets a little better on the Alcan they'll be having this auto trucked from Escondido, CA to Fairbanks, AK. It's a very small runabout. Maybe it's going in a big truck and there's extra room...if you can somehow overcome the 2,000 miles between OH and CA...and the other parties are amenable.

If that's not an option, I have another way to go, but it's sorta crazy.

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest BillP

A couple years ago, I had my Porsche transported from LaJolla (San Diego area) to NE Ohio by Sunday Trucking. Escondido is near San Diego and Sunday said they are frequently in SoCal. Just a thought; connecting the dots.