CADILLAC CARL'S EPIC 1927 (MIS ?)-ADVENTURE

C Carl

Above pics show the trip yesterday on the 13 mile Red Rock loop. With help of other drivers , I learned to drive one handed. My left wrist is causing problems , but luckily my entire right wing remains quite useable. At this point , I am thinking about letting the return trip wait for cooler weather. Not because of the reliable old Cad , but it would be less risky for the unreliable old driver.  Old folk far healthier than I am drop in the heat. Dehydration could sneak up. I had hoped to introduce the '27 and '24 to each other this Summer. The two together would make for great pics. Something to look forward to.  - CC

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , Ben & All , the old Cadillac is circulating again. A garage guest in the Eastern environs of 'Vegas now. Handy access to the Lake Mead area. A few days ago we went on a Sunset cruise to the Sunset Overlook. Gave the opportunity to get some headlight pics. After a delay here due to recovery time from illness , it is definitely smart to wait until Winter comes 'round again for the return trip. So be it. The car itself seems quite content in the heat here. Temps well into the 90s don't affect it much , as long as it is rolling along sucking plenty of cooling air through the carb. Stop and go traffic makes the intake/carb temp go up quickly , and surging and fragile idle set in. Nothing remotely as difficult as back when the coil was wired backwards , fortunately. Water temp stays in the 160 - 165 range with speeds in the mid - high 30s to low 40s or a bit more depending on wind and grade. A fellow CLC member who is hosting the car is becoming a good crashbox driver. I am now getting a chance to spend long periods riding in the back seat. Great fun to enjoy the spectacular views surrounded by ancient automotive elegance from that vantage point.  - CC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2