For Sale 1925 Franklin

Mark Gregory

I've never understood why someone puts such a ridiculous price on a car they are trying to sell.  It surely does not do them any good.  I suppose this person was told that their car was worth a King's ransom and they are only trying to milk it for all it's worth. 

I recently inquired about a Packard which is for sale, and the seller told me likewise some totally fantastic price.  I asked how he came to that figure and he said it was appraised for that much.  It's so unfortunate that appraisers usually give the customer what they want to hear rather than realistic market values.  Maybe they do it for insurance purposes. . . .  I don't know. Maybe they cite ads of cars for sale but not the actual selling price.  But it certainly hurts a lot of people.  I told the Packard guy that a realistic price based on auction results was literally half his asking price.  He did not reply.

I like a 10-C and especially a 10-C Sedan. That car looks nicely done cosmetically, but I won't even inquire until the seller comes back to Earth.