WOW!! Brake line lock in the 50s for sale on Epay

An answer to Studebaker's popular "Hill Holder" was MoPar Autostop, With a flick of the finger, the gearshift lever-mounted control switch semi-automatic service brake lock held the car still, releasing automatically when the accelerator pedal was depressed. Autostop was ideal for hilly areas, to prevent backsliding or rolling forward whether sitting at a stop or when parking. Like most MoPar accessories, Autostop could be retrofitted to earlier models and to other Chrysler car lines.

IVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER ONE OF THEE NEW OLD STOCK.

http://r.ebay.com/iUk0qz

post-121135-0-25287800-1452793958_thumb.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

That's pretty cool.

I guess one could build a set up like that on the cheap with a line lock kit from a drag car.

The dirt cars sometimes will have a right front shut off that the driver can turn on and off. You have to be careful when you activate is as it is simply a valve so if your foot is on the pedal when you turn it on it will lock the brake on, if you have no brake pressure when you turn it on it will eliminate that caliper.

That's pretty cool.

I guess one could build a set up like that on the cheap with a line lock kit from a drag car.

The dirt cars sometimes will have a right front shut off that the driver can turn on and off. You have to be careful when you activate is as it is simply a valve so if your foot is on the pedal when you turn it on it will lock the brake on, if you have no brake pressure when you turn it on it will eliminate that caliper.

Jack

We use line lock back in the 60s when I was semi-professionally drag racing.We use them today in our tow trucks. And this unit that is for sale I think is a 6 volt system. I was on ebay looking for a line lock for another tow truck that were buying and this thing pops up.