1927 Pierce Arrow title and body tag

This is what we have in Ontario rather than titles which are not used for vehicles here.  It has nothing to do with the war. just that this particular registration was issued in 1944. These registrations  are nicknamed "ownerships" here. They are transferrable for vehicles accompanied by a bill of sale and a search form from the Ministry of Transport Ontario to show it is free of liens.

That is a transferable ownership but ONLY with the original car or you are committing a criminal offence. Also you can not transfer it to a car in the US seeing the car has never cleared customs crossing the boarder. The title / ownership has to be accompanied with a bill of sale to be given to customs I believe 72 Hr. prior to the car be received at custom's for inspection. There they give you the paperwork for the car to be titled in the US. Without that paperwork the ownership is a bookmark.  

That's what it is being sold as Joe. A  collectible  bookmark !  

For an American importing a car to the USA there is no 72 hour waiting period. You are confusing it with importing from the USA to Canada. I know as I have  done both.

Something that most Canadians and others are not aware of is the requirement of a Heritage Export Permit for a car or even part thereof  being exported from Canada  and that is sold for more than $8000, has resided in Canada for 35 years or more and is over 50 years old. First offense is a $1000 fine. Second offense is $25000. !