Would anyone be interested interested in new near OE spec accumulators?

Guest EmmettTC

Guest EmmettTC

Hello everyone, my name is Emmett W. Unfortunately, I'm in a situation like many of us, failing brake accumulators. I've spent days searching for a suitable replacement but can't find any less than $250 ea. I'm in college studying industrial engineering and many students, can't really afford expensive parts like this even for the precious TC. 

So, I plan on (within a month) ordering new accumulators from a Chinese hydraulic accumulator manufacturer.

The min. order from the supplier is 5 @ $30 ea. not including shipping. So instead of ordering 5 accumulators and enjoying a pointless surplus of brake balls, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in purchasing a brand new near OE spec accumulator. The specs I will be able to achieve are a pressure rating of 210 BAR or 3045.7, a volume of 19.5 cubic inches, and OE M14*1.5 threads. To compare, OE spec is (I believe, I've also heard 2600 psi, giving benefit of doubt) 206.8 BAR or min 3000 psi , volume of 15 cubic inches and M14.5*1.5 threading. Anyone interested? keep in mind this would be a ridiculously low price in comparison to the unavailable DELCO or HYDAC units. 

You should go to SpinningWheels-SC.com. They sell them for $155+shipping. They have a hard time keeping them in stock so if they are out you need to call them and get on their waiting list to get one. Several Reatta owners with the Teves Mark IV system have used them with good success.

As far as your Chinese accumulators...  you don't mention the pre-charge pressure which is a very important thing to know before you purchase it. About 1000 psi of Nitrogen is normally used to pre-charge the accumulators for the Teves.. Without the correct pre-charge it will not work correctly even if it has the same volume and maximum pressure rating.

EDIT:

BTW, I'm very reluctant to put any Chinese parts on my car unless it is a last resort.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Guest EmmettTC

Thank you for the reply. I will make sure they have at least 68 BAR of nitrogen pre-charge, thats very valuable information. I know about Spinning wheels-sc and I don't really have time to wait for them to get the part in stock, when ever that may be. Even if no one wants any accumulators, I will still order them and share my experience. 

Guest EmmettTC

Also as far as not trusting Chinese made parts, this same manufacturer produces accumulators for Volvo and CAT and JCB if that makes you feel any better.

Also as far as not trusting Chinese made parts, this same manufacturer produces accumulators for Volvo and CAT and JCB if that makes you feel any better.

Nope. They are still Chinese made no matter who they sell their parts to. I don't have anything against the Chinese people. I just don't like Chinese companies who are copycats and have shown very little expertise (or interest) in designing and engineering their own parts.

When you get that Chinese accumulator post some photos and let us know how it works for you.

Don't have a lot of time at the moment to go into detail, but I have to get this said before it goes to far. Hydac International manufactures all around the globe and they make brake accumulators which can be bought quantity 5 http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Hydac_Accumulator.html  Many months ago I searched for accumulators, found a link to an Asian wholesaler that didn't reply to email inquiry and ended up purchasing the ATE accumulator which was being sold quantity 1ea under the now defunct Delco part number. When the well priced Delco part number became unavailable I went back to my notes and even though I did not need an accumulator, I tried to glean some interest in group purchasing and got almost zero interest.

Obviously EmmettTC has taken the time to chase after something that could be good for all of us, but he does need to recheck his specs as inches is not a metric measurement usually associated with these things and also re-adjust purchase price to include shipping. Which by the by, can take weeks to months.

This part that Emmett has found may or may not be made by Hydac as they are not the only company that manufactures in China.

Personally I have no problem risking $40 to get a Chinese made accumulator that I don't personally need and Emmett, when you are ready to order, send me a private message with the particulars and I'll take a chance and send you a postal money order.

Guest EmmettTC

Thank you @ Digger914.  I am making a full spec sheet, all metric and standard BAR rating, I used inches only for comparison purpose of the OE specs I found. 

If I don't find more than 5 people interested, I will front the cost and only ask for payment once I receive them. 

Don't have a lot of time at the moment to go into detail, but I have to get this said before it goes to far. Hydac International manufactures all around the globe and they make brake accumulators which can be bought quantity 5 http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Hydac_Accumulator.html  Many months ago I searched for accumulators, found a link to an Asian wholesaler that didn't reply to email inquiry and ended up purchasing the ATE accumulator which was being sold quantity 1ea under the now defunct Delco part number. When the well priced Delco part number became unavailable I went back to my notes and even though I did not need an accumulator, I tried to glean some interest in group purchasing and got almost zero interest.

Obviously EmmettTC has taken the time to chase after something that could be good for all of us, but he does need to recheck his specs as inches is not a metric measurement usually associated with these things and also re-adjust purchase price to include shipping. Which by the by, can take weeks to months.

This part that Emmett has found may or may not be made by Hydac as they are not the only company that manufactures in China.

Personally I have no problem risking $40 to get a Chinese made accumulator that I don't personally need and Emmett, when you are ready to order, send me a private message with the particulars and I'll take a chance and send you a postal money order.