1932 Buick 90 engine questions

dslkevin

I thought I would start a new thread about my car restoration.  Beginning process of restoring 32 series 90.  What to keep it as original as possible.

I found a good heat riser, carburetor & other parts needed to go back to proper updraft carb.

Here are a couple questions.

What is the recommended paint for engine parts?  What color?  What about ceramic coating or powder coating? Intake & exhaust manifolds? Carburetor? Heat riser? Coolant tube?

Any suggestions on a source for timing chain and gears?  Also looking for heat shield for air cleaner.

Kevin

Everything on the engine in 1932 is painted Black except gas and oil lines, carb and fuel pump.  Exhaust systems were cast iron color. I'll dig out some old documents that describe the various finishes from flat to gloss Black.  I would just use a high temperature paint on the exhaust manifold and heat control valves.

Mac Blair may have the heat shield for the 90 series engine.  He had a run of 50 series heat shields but hey are gone now.  I've been begging him to make another run of parts.  Mac has restored more 90 series Buicks than anyone.

Bob Engle

Not a member of BCA yet.  I have some parts coming from Bob's, but he does not have timing chain and gears or the heat shield.  Mac is out of the heat shields.  Mac is who I got my carburetor from.  He does have more if anyone else is looking for one.