1934 Chevy sedan integral trunk

mcdarrunt

Bought a 1934 Chevy Master 2dr this week and it has a trunk integrated onto the body. The fender molding rib line up and the molding flares wider near the bottom rear just like a 34 fender. I have no idea whether it was a factory option or after market. Any ideas? The trunk lid looks as though it would interchange with a 35 or 35 Ford sedan.

post-155120-0-80538800-1445594270_thumb.

post-155120-0-90175800-1445594289_thumb.

Welcome to the forum with your first posting, and I am happy to be the first to respond.

Yes, that built in trunk is part of the original car.

Your body style is what Chevrolet officially called a "Town Sedan" in 1933 and 1934.  I am 65 and I have also heard people years older than me call it the "Town Car", but 1934 Chevrolet literature calls it the Town Sedan.

For 1931 and 1932 Chevrolet had a similar car, but the top of the trunk did not bulge out and they referred to that car as a 5 Passenger Coupe.

The 2 door Chevrolet hardtop with a back seat without the trunk was officially called a "Coach", and like today the 4 door hardtop with a back seat was called a "Sedan".

I believe the rear fenders of the Town Sedan are a unique part, not used on other body styles.

Edited by Vila (see edit history)