1926 Coupe for sale $3250

Rogillio

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-Dodge-Other-/181897214232?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=PH1hatdQPBAQ5QevFBTLZvnJVEQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I can't believe this didn't sell. This looks like a good deal. I have 2 DB Coupe projects and just can't take on another project right now.

Best advice I ever read for vintage car is, "buy someone else's project". Most of the difficul and expensive work has been done.

I'm still on the fence with this car.....

That's not a 1926. Different trunk lid and only 2 door hinges. Looks like a 1925.

I thought maybe it was different model coupe than mine. It has side windows behind the doors, mine do not. And yes, trunk is much different. Nice catch on the door hinges..

Bill is right. Not a 26. The engine is a 1926/early 27 though. Frame is a 1927. The dash has a 26-27 speedo and a 24 light/ignition switch. Car is a 24 or 25. The tail light bracket is 1927. The spare tire mount (rusty one) is for a 24-27 disc wheel touring car. The other bracket attached to the car might be correct, but looks like a longer one for the 24" wheels. This car has what looks like 20" (1925). Looks like a pieced together car.

Dave

Bill is right. Not a 26. The engine is a 1926/early 27 though. Frame is a 1927. The dash has a 26-27 speedo and a 24 light/ignition switch. Car is a 24 or 25. The tail light bracket is 1927. The spare tire mount (rusty one) is for a 24-27 disc wheel touring car. The other bracket attached to the car might be correct, but looks like a longer one for the 24" wheels. This car has what looks like 20" (1925). Looks like a pieced together car.

Dave

Wait a minute... Are you talking about the car in my avatar Dave??????????? (LOL)

Glad to see you're still on this side of the grass!

Dave

Dang, I just thought I knew something about these old cars. Compared to you, I know nothing!

Sounds like a good parts car. I kept gonig back to the picture of the passenger side rear wheel. It looks too small and/or off centered. I thought maybe the car is on jack stand or something but not sure why it would be on a trailer and jacked up.

I called the owner last night and got a little info on it. The guy that owns it has only had it a few months. It had been in his neighbor's barn since the '70s. The owner died and this guy bought it as the estate sale to flip. So he knows nothing about the car. I asked if he knew if the engine had been rebuilt or just cleaned and pained and he had no idea.

It's no longer listed on ebay but you can still see the pictures. The guy that had listed it on ebay for the owner said he is done messing with the car but sent me a message with the owners name and number. I don't know if other ebay users can also see that message with the number or not. If anyone needs the number I will get it and send it to them.

If someone wants to buy it for parts I will give $1500 for the wheels, engine and transmission.....and $200 for the generator. Everything else would be yours. He is asking $3250 so you'd end up with the chassis and a lot of parts for $1,550.