1970 Wildcat convertible

Guest Dkasper

Guest Dkasper

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I recently bought a '70 wildcat convertible. As I get to know the vehicle, I have a few minor, basic questions. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is there back lights on the control panel/dash? (I drove it at night for the first time the other day and the dash did not appear to have any lights)

Does it have high beams? If so, how do I turn them on?

I know these seem like remedial questions and I feel ridiculous that I can't figure out a basic 1970 vehicle.

Thank tou for your help.

-Dane

Before replacing a headlight switch be sure to change at least one dash board light bulb for a test.  Sometimes folks think this is more difficult than it is and just leave the dead light bulbs in place.  This vehicle uses the same light bulb for the guage  ( idiot)  lights as for the dash board illumination.  so you want to be certain you are replacing an illumination bulb for the test.  This will be easier to do if you drop the lower A/C air tube under the drivers side ( assuming your car has A/C).

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum, Dane. Good advice there, but if you can, consider buying an owner's manual, and a shop manual. These are available on the 'bay, and from other vendors, and will help you figure out the car. Even if you don't plan to do much work on it yourself, the shop manual can help either yourself, or your mechanic. These cars are way simpler than modern ones, but that said, it doesn't mean things are necessarily easy!

Love to see some pictures!

Keith