Car Shopping, Cold Temps & Roll Windows

ScarredKnightfan

Oh to grab some money & go back in time to snatch up some of these!
Which vehicle(s) do you most want from these vintage classified ads?

These temperature readings may be just a tad bit on the cold side:

Probably not too many kids these days have enjoyed the fun of rolling down windows:

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Your chance has come & gone" __ JoJo __ 'Too Little Too Late'

I purchased a bare bones 2008 Dodge Caliber new from my local dealer. I was looking for fuel efficient transportation, not luxury. It had to have an auto trans to keep all drivers in the family so that is the only option that mattered in the sale. The car is unique in that it has manual crank windows, no power locks and no cruise control. It does have AC and anti-lock brakes. Anti-lock brakes were an option if the car had manual transmission. So the sight of crank windows is a surprise for many when they ride in it as is the non power locks.

Simple is good in my book!

Terry

"Hemi parts 426, 2 blocks, cylinder heads, Hillborn injection"

I'm pretty sure he'd be getting a call from me, ......right after I bought the: 

"1970 GTO convertible, loaded, $2000"

:lol: 

Simple is good in my book!

Indeed ... I agree, Terry!  Your 2008 Dodge sure sounds unique.  I've seen a handful of newer cars with crank windows, but ... it is always surprising to see them when I do.  Weird to think how that used to be the norm, now, you almost do a double take if you see a newer car with them.  LOL.

If you are going to go back in time, don't waste it on a used car. Buy a brand new 1919 Cadillac or a Baker electric.

They would be a cheap addition to your fleet. Even a 1929 Rolls Royce wouldn't dent your budget. :)

Oooo ... I like the way you think, Roger. ;)

"Hemi parts 426, 2 blocks, cylinder heads, Hillborn injection"

I'm pretty sure he'd be getting a call from me, ......right after I bought the: 

"1970 GTO convertible, loaded, $2000"

:lol: 

LOL!  :)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"It's like trying to catch a falling star" __ The Heights __ 'How Do You Talk To An Angel?'

Guest advin44

hello everyone!

welcome to this forum,

if you are looking for a new one i want to suggest you to purchase 2013 mercedes sl-class.its a huge upgrade for better handling,more stylish,comfort driving with its new features etc.i'd like to share this information to all of you....

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS