Franklin series 9A touring

We have decided to sell my father-in-law's 1916 Franklin touring car. He purchased this car approximately 10 years ago.

The paint on the car is very nice, there are a few chips and small scratches and there are a couple minor little flaws on the right side down low on the body. The upholstery is absolutely beautiful but there are one or two spots that are showing some age. The top is very nice and functions as it should.there are side curtains for the car and I have had them on, I guess I would describe the fit as OK but not perfect, on one extremely cold day they were very helpful. Any brightwork that's on the car is in excellent condition, there is not much of it.

The car starts and runs well, the Stewart vacuum fuel tank works unbelievably well, if the car has been sitting in the tank is empty you can just crank the engine for a few seconds and then listen as a gasoline runs into the tank. When my father-in-law bought the car there were a few mechanical issues, they basically just needed to be sorted out. Once we got the car working properly, he and I both have toured car on Franklin Trek's and gone on several local one day tours without issues. While the Engine is no Powerhouse (Franklin actually lowered the horsepower of their engine in 1916 for improved fuel economy) The car does go down the road comfortably at 35 to 40 miles an hour as long as there's no big up hills. And it will climb the hill just a little slower. Steering and brakes are very good and the car quite nimble, it really is very light and steers easily and is very comfortable to drive.

The car is located in North Western Connecticut. Feel free to call me or email with questions or to arrange an inspection. 860-248-1102

The asking price is $36,000. We will certainly entertain any reasonable offer. This was the last car that my father-in-law purchased and it has not been an easy decision to sell. We would love to see it go to a good home

Thank you

Chris

post-103271-0-35026500-1441931045_thumb.

post-103271-0-94366600-1441931880_thumb.

post-103271-0-73058000-1441931964_thumb.

post-103271-0-23033100-1441932242_thumb.

post-103271-0-22267800-1441932300_thumb.

post-103271-0-66889200-1441932393_thumb.

These cars are just a delight to drive. I have owned my 9B touring for almost 15 years - it has been rock-solid dependable and starts right up every time. We took our car out for a short drive last weekend and ended up driving 80 miles. 

The steering on these cars is very precise. The ride is extremely smooth - the wood frame and full-elliptic springs soak up all the bumps. It's just a fun car to drive. 

If you are thinking of getting a 1920's car, I'd look at this one. 

I have no involvement with this car. Just want to pass on some opinions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...