COMMON SCAM: If you receive a private message from a new member offering a part, make sure to thoroughly verify it. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s not a scam. Report any suspicious users immediately. ×

1920 Buick

Guest Pug

I have learned more in the two responses I received than I knew previously. My father bought this car in the 1950's, and it has been garaged for the most part since that time.

Does your K-46 have the rear bench seat? The fold out seat is missing on our model. Is that something which could be replaced? Is there a resource for finding photos of this year and model?

Thank you,

Bob Pug

California

Bob, the K-46 was officially listed by Buick Motor Company as a 4-Passenger Coupe.  The bench seat allowed two people to set about a 'half person' behind the driver.  The fourth person sat on a small swing out cushion facing the rear passengers.  The swing out cushion attached to the front side of the passenger door post.  Please keep in mind that people were not as big as they are today 100 years ago.  The K series Buicks were the last year for the lettered series Buicks.  Can you post some photos of the interior of the car along with some under hood shots of both sides of the engine?  I can send you photos of my original car if that will be of help to you.  There are a lot of Buick enthusiasts that frequent the forums who will be a big help to you.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Terry, we took a few photos last weekend, but they aren't very good. Will get some better photos to share this weekend. I appreciate the information you are sharing.

Bob Pug

California

• 2 weeks later...

Go to  1927buicks@yahoogroups.com   Sign up it is free.   On the home page click on files.  The second article down is by 
David Chambers which gives a lot of really good information about early Buicks.   A good article for anyone with a pre 1931 Buick.

The posts on this sight have good information about fixing problems.

Fred