1940 62 series conv coupe

rb6673

I think the jump seats you refer to were never available in the 62 series coupe or convertible.  You may be thinking of the 1938/39 60 series which was a smaller bodied Cadillac.  The 50 series LaSalle also used this body in 1940 - the last year for LaSalle.   The 52 series LaSalle shared the larger body like your car has.   In any case, your 62 series 1940 Cadillac should have a full rear seat cushion.   The larger series Buick and Olds shared this body as well for 1940/41.   

I do not believe that the jump seats were offered in the 1940 Series 62 convertible coupe - certainly not in the 1941 like mine (pictured).

post-97723-0-68798700-1441597465_thumb.j

post-97723-0-20515500-1441597534_thumb.j

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Thanks to K8096 for your input on my confusion and also to Marty Roth for your input as well and what a great looking '41 I might add.

What through me off is I have a friend that bought a restored '40 cad coupe and it has one jump seat behind the driver.

Must have been retro fitted!

I appreciate the help and for your time.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to K8096 for your input on my confusion and also to Marty Roth for your input as well and what a great looking '41 I might add.

What through me off is I have a friend that bought a restored '40 cad coupe and it has one jump seat behind the driver.

Must have been retro fitted!

I appreciate the help and for your time.

I remember seeing an online posting for a '40 Series 62 Coupe such as your friend's for sale several years ago—the story was that the original owner had the single jump seat custom installed for his dog, who rode in the rear area. Think the car was in western Canada or the Northwestern U.S.. Could be a different car, of course.

• Like 1