Dynaflow dipstick length for a '63

JanZverina

What is the correct length for the dipstick for a '63 Riviera Dynaflow? Please

specify your measurement from the bottom tip to the filler tube cap on the stick, or the bottom tip to the end of the pull handle, i.e. total length of the part. An earlier thread got me thinking if my recently rebuilt trans was leaking because of overfilling due to a dipstick that's too long.

Much appreciated!

Bump on this inquiry. Here are some specs that maybe someone with a parts # book for 1963 and some patience can help me. The number on my trans dipstick is 1355378, Bottom tip to the cap on the dipstick measures 21, almost 21 1/16 inches. The entire dipstick measures 24 1/4 inches, end-to-end. Please let me know if this is the correct dipstick. I know it's a '63 Dynaflow trans for sure but after half a century, parts have a way of being interchanged. 

Any help is much appreciated!

My '63 is buried in the garage - hasn't been driven in 18 years - or I'd pull the dip stick and look at it for you.  My suggestion would be to ask the same question on the Buick General forum.  Only one year for Rivieras with dynaflows, but there are probably a lot of guys on the Buick General forum who drive 59 - 63 Buicks, all out fitted with dynaflows, who could answer your question more easily.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...