1938 trunk light...where does the wire go?

Beltfed

I'm trying to get some of my wiring in order. In the trunk I replaced the destroyed n/o switch under the spare tire carrier. The original power wire to it (insulation gone) runs to the passenger side of the trunk and disappears. My schematic doesn't show where this wire goes. I assume to the light switch but not sure. Can you help?

On another matter. I'm also getting the dome light working. I replaced the wire from the dome light switch to the dome light. I can't seem to be able to feed a new wire from the switch to the dash. I've tried fishing a rod both ways and also pulling a new wire in with the old one. Nothing works. Do you have a trick that doesn't require pulling the head liner apart?

Thanks.

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

The power feed wire leaves the dome lite switch and continues on to the pass side of the trunk and feeds the trunk lite switch. Then another wire leaves the trunk switch and runs back up to the trunk lite. As far as running a new wire you have to remember that the wire going from the dash to the dome lite switch is also tied to the feed wire going inside the trunk.

Thanks Flatcat. A question....is the feed wire going to the trunk attached to the back of the dome light switch with the feed wire from the dash, or are the two wires spiced together somewhere?

For what it's worth. An idea for getting from the dome switch to the dash came from a guy I know. He said try an old speedometer cable. It's better than the SST welding wire I was trying. We'll see. Thanks.

I'm thinking on my 39 that the two wires came together at the dome lite switch.

In my 48 LC The power feed to the trunk came from the dome light switch.  This feed fed both the trunk and the dome light.  B6vt Glenn Lorei

Thanks guys. I have completed this task. I used the inside cable on an old speedometer cable I had. Worked like a charm. Only took about a couple of minutes to get it over the door and into the kick panel. The hardest part was fishing the end of the cable out of the small hole at the top of the kick panel area.