1925 Chrysler 58

marbeton

Hello, I need to know a few technical facts .

First, my Chrysler has a Stewart 25 type carburator. I've heard it should be Stewart 35. Is that right and if yes than what is the difference?

Second, there is no data plate on the generator. Could you tell me what type the generator is? I suppose it is Delco or Autolite. Next, I don't have the genuine ingintion coil. Could you tell me the type and the producer of the original one? If anyone has it and wants to sell it I am interested in buying.

Thank you for your help.

marbeton

The series 58's had four different carbs as stock part nos. 39314, 37998 (Stewart model 30), 38033 (Zenith) and 39053. The five digit nos. are Chrysler part nos. from their catalogue This is all the parts book I have indicate. The catalogue shows part no. A-829 for the generator. All of these are Chrysler "part nos." in the Master Parts list I have. Chrysler were "assembled" cars basically in this era; built from outside sourced parts. Are you a member of the WPC Club? By the way...your car looks quite nice.

Thank you for info,

my carb has Stewart model 25 series 1. writen on it. So if i understand it correctly my carb doesn´t belog to my car? Due to original photos it seems that it should be correct.

What you think about that?

Knowing generator type helps me a lot. Thank you for that.

Do you know anythink about ignition coil? I´am triing to find any kind of nformation but so far i´am failing.

Thank you

marbeton

Marbeton - don't start looking for a Stewart model 30 until you find pictures of a model 30.

The bowl covers of many early carburetors were interchangeable. As the fuel valve was suspended from the bowl cover; MANY bowl covers were changed when the original fuel valve started giving problems, and the owner/mechanic had a used carb with a good fuel valve.

So it is possible you have a model 30 with a model 25 bowl cover.

Not at all uncommon to see Stromberg carbs with Stewart bowl covers or vice versa on Ebay (and of course, always misrepresented).

Find a picture of a model 30 for comparison.

Jon.