`35 ford gas tank removal

I read the link 19tom40 posted. Everything they said was true. The three bolts are a real struggle, in other words get your Drimmel out. The filler neck was also a big hassle. Dirt and water get into that collar nut and freeze it. Get your Kroil oil out because you're gonna need it. Spray the oil into the collar, tap on it with a hammer and so on., new lead ring or two, yeah. I tried to shift the tank side to side to drop it off the frame rails. Seventy five years of dust and mud made it almost impossible. Keep kicking it laying on my back under the tank. When it finally came loose, it hit me right in the face. Almost hammered it flat. Good luck

I would fill a pump oil can with a 50/50 solution of auto trans fluid and acetone and squirt some on all of the bolts that need to be removed. Do this several days in a row and test the bolts for movement. You will have to move them in the loosen direction as well as the tighten direction. Be especially careful of the one with the spring as that is a caged nut and the nut  can turn and damage the cage. I used this procedure on all of my fenders and and running boards. I only damaged one cage. It may have been previously damaged as the tin worms were at work on it.

When you try to remove the nut holding the filler tube in place, make sure that you use the recommended spanner wrench. When you install the new lead seal, tightenten the nut and then give it some more muscle to tighten it further. The seal needs to be crushed in order to seal.