1930 40 Series Coupe on eBay

CarNucopia

Agree, it is a beautiful car, just fabulous, but I dont' think they will get a single bid without any engine or interior photos, and virtually no description, either. For all we know, it could have a 350 V8 under the hood! Probably doesn't, but there's not one word about the engine (does it even run???) and he wants opening bids of $25,000.

Actually as I gave this ad a second look, I think there is a very good chance this is a bogus listing.  Seller has zero feedback, along with contradictory information in the listing.  Buick did not build a "1930 Series 40 Country Club Coupe" and a legitimate owner would generally know what they are selling.  Not certain this is fraudulent yet, but it is suspicious at this point.  I would recommend further investigation before placing a bid. 

Edited by michaelod (see edit history)

Actually as I gave this ad a second look, I think there is a very good chance this is a bogus listing.  Seller has zero feedback, along with contradictory information in the listing.  Buick did not build a "1930 Series 40 Country Club Coupe" and a legitimate owner would generally know what they are selling.  Not certain this is fraudulent yet, but it is suspicious at this point.  I would recommend further investigation before placing a bid. 

It does look like a questionable ad for the reasons you mention. It's also listed under "Collectibles > Advertising", which is an odd mistake.

They did put the golf door on the smaller cars and in some places, like the Crestline Buick book, they refer to the 40 series as a Country Club Coupe. It's definitely not a 60 Series.

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)