1939 Plymouth engine

embe5412

Here's the deal. I bought an engine, transmission, radiator and rock guard under the impression that they were built for a 1936 Plymouth. Little did I know just because an engine comes out of a '36 doesn't necessarily mean it was built in '36. In other words I should have checked the serial number first. So now I have a running 1939 Plymouth engine for sale. Since I had the engine shipped from outside Atlanta to Oklahoma I must get exactly what I paid for it. I'm not making a profit here. I just need to break even. $700.00USD. The details about what you get. The engine, carb, air cleaner, front mount bracket and rock guard. The starter needs rebuilt/completed. If you would like to see it run go to YouTube and my channel is 'Jon Emberson'. Type '1939 Plymouth engine' 9188862469.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope others heed your story. So very many Plymouth and Dodge engines were interchangeable that there was rarely ever any reason to pay to rebuild one. People swapped them regularly. I always think about that when I see the many engines for sale these days due to street rodding.

All of the Chrysler built sixes from '35-'52 are basically the same block but there are 2 different length blocks. There are a few changes in things like the water pumps, manifolds and linkage connections but any of the same length blocks should work. I have a complete engine here taken from a '36 Dodge but it's a later Plymouth block. Plymouth used head bolts will the Dodge used studs and nuts. This engine was running when I got it but I used another engine for my car as pictured in my avitar.