Wanted- Carter WGD Throttle Shaft Retaining Ring

Ethan1

Hello, I have a Carter WGD 928S carburetor. Old throttle shaft retaining ring no good. Need another one. Goes on the end of the throttle shaft, when installed in cast iron base. It looks like a thin washer with teeth on the inside. Going original and definitely need this retaining ring. Please let me know if you have one.

Contact etrowb@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think $100 for 2 of these throttle shaft retaining rings is a "bit" much? They are about the size of a nickel and are like a thin washer with teeth on the inside. I can't see shipping UPS or FedEx these two little rings for $100. That is what someone quoted me.

Edited by Ethan1 (see edit history)

It sounds like a good price for 100 of them or if 2 are being custom made for you but for only 2 off the shelf, it's extremely high. I did some only research but without knowing the shaft size, I don't know if those I found would work. Surely there is something already made that will do the job even if it looks slightly different.

Don, it is for two original ones that are in excellent condition. He is wanting $100 shipped via UPS or FedEx and be paid by MoneyGram. Something sounds fishy. At least to me. He won't send a photo either. :(

Also, the shaft size on the 928S WGD is .3743 and on the 725SA WCD it is .3776. I can find them, but they look COMPLETELY incorrect. I guess that is what I should expect.

Edited by Ethan1 (see edit history)

Also, the shaft size on the 928S WGD is .3743 and on the 725SA WCD it is .3776. I can find them, but they look COMPLETELY incorrect. I guess that is what I should expect.

As a former journeyman toolmaker (prototype machinist), I frequently worked in tolerances at the fourth and even fifth decimal place so I appreciate the accuracy of the measurements. Of course, as far as the retainer is concerned, it is simply a 3/8" diameter shaft.

As a former journeyman toolmaker (prototype machinist), I frequently worked in tolerances at the fourth and even fifth decimal place so I appreciate the accuracy of the measurements. Of course, as far as the retainer is concerned, it is simply a 3/8" diameter shaft.

A good set of micrometers always helps. :)

I've been talking with them too and the one you want is 1405-37 but I've not seen a drawing of that specific part, only of the series in general. However, I've asked for one.

Can you please send me a drawing of it? Thanks, Don! Ethan

• 2 weeks later...