Marvel carburetor rebuilding adjustments

carbking

While Marvels are not my favorite carburetor by any description, perhaps this link will help those of you that try to make a Marvel function as a carburetor:

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Marvel_rebuilding_specs.htm

Please note the dimensions, especially the float setting dimensions MAY differ from those in your factory shop manual. I went through the various bulletins, and Marvel CHANGED the float settings, some as many as twice. Those listed are the latest data that I have. ALso please note that fuel characteristics are markedly different from the fuel when these specification were originally printed. The reader should regard these dimensions as a STARTING adjustment.

Dimensions are in thousandths of an inch. For those of you that use the metric system 0.001 inch = 0.00254 centimeter.

And yes, I know some units are not listed. I listed everything that I have.

As with any data posted on my website, this data may be downloaded and/or copied. I would appreciate a credit if you do so.

Jon.

On a similar note, I have been trying to adjust my 1932 B&B- Chrysler carb without success. Perhaps the problem is associated with my efforts to by pass the fuel pump with a temporary gravity feed arrangement.

I have the one gallon feed tank positioned well above the carburetor, so the  gas flow is sufficient, but have considered that pump pressure may be needed to operate properly.

Also would appreciate having the correct float setting, if available.

Thanks