Series 90 wiper towers

FLYER15015

Hi All,

I am starting to consider having my windshield wiper towers replated.  They shine up pretty good, but they have a lot of "blisters"

I've read the posts on how to remove and disassemble them, and I think I can handle that part.

So my question is, has anyone had this done and where did you send yours?

AND are you happy with the work and pricing ? Time is not an issue, as you never hurry a craftsman.

Did yours come back with the 4 grooves that are cast in, or were they filled in and buffed smooth (= not good).

Some place around Denver, Co. would help.

Looking in my parts book, I see that I could buy new ones for $2.75 each, but I've grown attached to mine as they are cast in "unobtainium"

If anyone is interested, they are P/N's 4102399 R.H. and 4102400 L.H.

Good luck at your friendly Buick dealer. Though it is fun to ask the kid at the parts counter...............

Mike in Colorado

Guest outlaw car man

Mike,

I've used Ajax in Denver, MANY years ago, also a guy in Yuma, Co. did small parts. You might contact Denver Bumper see if they can network someone for you. Your friends at Burt's should know a local plater.

Good luck with it-

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Long time "no hear from".

We got about 7" of snow last weekend, and lost power for about a day.

I will look up Ajax.

I know Dan at Finishing pro's out by Stapleton field. and Mike at Denver Metal Finishing, off Colorado Ave.

They both don't want to fool with only 2 small parts.

The guys at Bert's use a shop in Mexico, and have had some issues, such as sending 50 parts down and getting 30 parts back.

Do you know the guy in Greely with all the 40'-50's Buicks ?I may take a run up there to chat w/ him.

Right now, I'm leaning to "Iverson" in MPLS, Minn.

Took the "baby" to the ABBY show in Cannon City last weekend and won another jacket (1st place in '40's restored).

Either of yours would be guaranteed best of show..............

Best Regards,

Mike in Colorado

Guest outlaw car man

Got to find a shop that will run those with another batch, I've had to do that. EPA has really nailed a lot of them. Couple guys came over here years ago to see a 90. I think from Greeley, can't remember.

All we got here is rain & rain. Snow melt is starting to cause some river issues-

Sandy