Looking for a 1929 Dodge DA carburettor

Guest jimma

Guest jimma

I put a post up a while ago and just thought I would post again I am in search of a carburettor for my 1929 Dodge DA. It currently has an Allstate 2405 carburettor on it which from my research was originally made for A model Ford, this carb works but I cant get the engine to run nice and believe that this carb just isn't suitable for a 6cyl engine. I was hoping someone on here might have something that I could buy to replace it, I have been looking at ebay for a Carter BB1-A or the original Stromburg but haven't seen anything come up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

You might find this link interesting: http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Zinccastings.htm

Castings for the Stromberg U-2 have been reproduced in aluminum in Australia. At one time the DB club was importing these castings. You might check with them.

Be very careful if you purchase a "BB-1A" off of ebay. Yes, they do occasionally show up there, but at least 60 percent of the carbs listed on ebay are mis-identified. Make sure you can identify the BB-1A from the pictures and description, NOT from the ebay vendor's title. Oh, and the BB-1D superceded the BB-1A.

Jon.

Guest jimma

I am from Australia have tried the reproduced aluminium people but they only supply the castings and unfortunately I haven't been able to find a U-2 to use as a donor for parts. Thats good to know about the BB-1A's ill be sure to double check if I ever find one hopefully someone here will have one for sale, would a BB-1D fit a 29 Dodge?

Thanks for your help.

James - yes, a genuine BB-1D would fit the DA engine.

If you cannot find a U-2 donor, we have several of them, but due to shipping costs, no longer ship outside of the US or Canada. I got tired of being called a bandit when shipping costs are totally out of my control! If you can find a friend that is visiting the US, one could be shipped to a hotel.

Jon.

Hi jimma, I have a UX-2 casting from Australia and I used a cracked up one as a donor. It is complete. Never installed. Will probably fit a 29 D B by using an adapter. The only problem is you will have to modify the rod which I do not have. But your best bet is be patient and keep looking for the BB1-A. Cheers.

trini.