help with solenoid identification

stakeside

Is that a replacement solenoid to replace an original? I would have thought that you would have a foot operated switch on the floor That type of solenoid is much much later Ron

The solenoid was not used on these early trucks. Not sure went they were first used. If anyone has a wire diagram that shows the solenoid I would know the year and model. Then I could find one.

I want to use the solenoid to assist the starter. The plunger switch does work but the solenoid would be an improvement. The plunger tends to require much pressure.

I don't think solenoids came into being until the late 30s After the floor switch DB went to a pull cable on the dash which operated a manual switch mounted on top of the starter This got rid of 1 cable that would have linked the floor switch to the starter then after that came the solenoid on the starter The type that you are wanting to use were not made back then so I doubt if you will find a suitable one other than the type you have Have you taken apart your plunger switch The only thing that can go wrong with them is dirty contacts and they are not hard to clean up

I agreed with , the solenoid isn't original,

if you want to stay with a solenoid , since it is functional,

you can get a 6 volt starter soloniod at a local parts house,

ford 8n tractor used them

if you do a search on eBay for 6 volt starter soloniod, , they have them for 15,

I don't think solenoids came into being until the late 30s After the floor switch DB went to a pull cable on the dash which operated a manual switch mounted on top of the starter This got rid of 1 cable that would have linked the floor switch to the starter then after that came the solenoid on the starter The type that you are wanting to use were not made back then so I doubt if you will find a suitable one other than the type you have Have you taken apart your plunger switch The only thing that can go wrong with them is dirty contacts and they are not hard to clean up

Thanks for information.

I checked with Napa and they list a solenoid or a 47 Dodge truck. This may work.