72 skylark crank pulley

Guest boostedjetta

Guest boostedjetta

I bought an ati super damper. Part #918410. It falls straight in line with my power steering pulley. I called ati and they informed me the pulley is 1.75 forward of the stock location. That does not help me seeing the 3 groove stock pulley is large and would put the ati damper way out on the crank snout. Does anyone have pics or more info on this. 350 engine stock P/S bracket.

CAM01438_zpsbmtlvmvl.jpg

CAM01439_zps8thq7bog.jpg

IMG_0115_zpsjsdsl6hn.jpg

Edited by boostedjetta
pics added (see edit history)

Nice shop picture!

Typically, an engine which would need an ATI damper as you have will probably NOT have power steering, from what I've seen over the years. I would consider that a "race only" item rather than a "hot street" item. Will your Skylark run an e.t. that needs such a damper per class rules?

Take care,

NTX5467

Guest boostedjetta

This will be a street driven car. My friend that asked me to help with this build wanted it. I have never had any experience with these dampers. The factory pulley will bolt up to it but does not fall in line with the power steering pump. I figure i could space the pump out but im just going to suggest he return the damper and stick with factory for my sanity. Lol. Thanks again for the input. I put the engine together in that 65 mustang and did a front disk brake conversion on a 69 charger with less effort that this buick motor. Lol

I'd return to the stock balancer & nix the idea of the ATI piece. Too many variables arise when fooling around with hubs, pulleys, accessories on

these old Buicks. You get into mis-match situations real fast. Unless the internals of the motor are highly modified

for extreme duty I doubt any noticeable improvement in performance would be realized with the ATI.

Also, Buick 350s & 455s have MANY different variations of pulleys and accessories year to year. As long as the original

parts are available…I'd put it all back in and spend the money elsewhere.

mike

<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/be05b166/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Guest boostedjetta

After talking with ATI I have come to the conclusion this part is being returned if possible, seeing how its already assembled. I was told I can get a 2 groove Chevy pulley and space the power steering pump and determine the correct length belt but that's to much hassle. I just need this car done so I can move on to the next project. Pulling the 4.6 out of a 4x4 f150 for rebuild....or do I wanna do the freeze (casting) plugs on the 85 ranger? decisions decisions. lol Thanks for the help guys.