New Member - Quick Introduction

Guest Hoosier

Guest Hoosier

Greetings:

My name is Mike, and I recently joined the forum. Actually, I joined earlier in the week, but it took me until tonight to figure out that my activation email went to my spam folder - hopefully not a bad omen saying, "Don't tread here!" :eek:

I am a Bloomington, Indiana-based historical researcher and writer, and I'm currently working on a collaborative project on James Dean. Admittedly, I am not a car expert. I love classic cars, the history behind them, and their impact on the vehicles of today. However, I'm far from being a gear head, and half of the terms that I have read on this site might as well be in Greek (I might actually be able to decipher Greek better!). Hope you will forgive any ignorance on my part.

I really look forward to interesting discussions on this site and meeting fellow history buffs! My hope is that one of those history buffs might be a James Dean expert.

Guest Hoosier

Thanks for the warm welcomes ya'll! I do look forwards to adding my two cents, if I can find anyone who needs cheap advice.

Well known story. Welcome to the forums,I hope you find what you're looking for and can return the favor to others.

james-dean-car-crash-07.jpg

Thanks for the interesting article! I've seen that one. It is a very interesting analysis on the Dean crash. While I am more interested in finding out some obscure facts about the man, the events surrounding his death are certainly an interest to me, even if they are not a main focus of our project. What draws me to antique car forums is the fact that Dean loved cars--right up until the end.

Guest richpete1031

Welcome, Mike! Name here is Rich, and I'm a fellow Hoosier. I live in Avon (West Indy suburbs).

I'm also not a car expert, and I joined due to searching for my father's car--a 1955 Ford Country Squire. I haven't had any luck in tracking the old thing down, but I was drawn to your post for one reason: James Dean. Dean owned a car nearly identical to my father's (there may have been some trim differences). For this reason, I've rekindled my interest in him. Here's my original post on the forum regarding my father's car: http://forums.aaca.org/f169/info-needed-55-ford-country-squire-383597.html. You said that you're a historian. Maybe we can "compare notes?"

Greetings:

My name is Mike, and I recently joined the forum. Actually, I joined earlier in the week, but it took me until tonight to figure out that my activation email went to my spam folder - hopefully not a bad omen saying, "Don't tread here!" :eek:

I am a Bloomington, Indiana-based historical researcher and writer, and I'm currently working on a collaborative project on James Dean. Admittedly, I am not a car expert. I love classic cars, the history behind them, and their impact on the vehicles of today. However, I'm far from being a gear head, and half of the terms that I have read on this site might as well be in Greek (I might actually be able to decipher Greek better!). Hope you will forgive any ignorance on my part.

I really look forward to interesting discussions on this site and meeting fellow history buffs! My hope is that one of those history buffs might be a James Dean expert.