Medicinal & Other Uses for CocaCola

To add a little frivolity to our beloved forum I would like to discover some varied uses for CocaCola other than jump starting the body and clearing out ones pipes upon arising in the morning.<P>#1 Cleaning battery terminals and cable ends on cars. Did ou know that only Coke, and not Diet Coke, will work? For you Pepsi loyalists, it works the same as Coke.<P>Ok, now for the rest of you ---- smile.gifsmile.gif<P>hvs<BR>

Howard.<BR>Found this site:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.wackyuses.com/coke.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wackyuses.com/coke.html</A> <P>There are quite a few uses listed on the site. A few of the car related uses mentioned include:<P>Remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers.<BR>Rubbing the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola will help remove rust spots, according to household-hints columnist Mary Ellen.<P>Loosen a rusted bolt.<BR>Mary Ellen suggests applying a cloth soaked in a carbonated soda to the rusted bolt for several minutes.<P>And we drink this stuff?? smile.gif<P>[This message has been edited by BruceW (edited 09-13-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by BruceW (edited 09-13-2000).]

Coke back in the fifties and sixties was used to take paint off a body. I guess it was the acid in the mixture. Just think what it does to your stomach if it can take paint off a car. Also, baloney if placed in the direct sun, can leave polk-a-dot's all over your car. <P>=>I already experimented with the baloney 8-)<P>Matt

Can be used for a Soda Pop Paint Job.<BR>I used Uros, Where you mix a 50/50 mix of Coke and Water mist it on your base coat, and then at a low air presser,"so ya don't blow the beads away"<BR>mist on some candy. We use a Candy concentrate and Panel Blender<BR>mix. The coke helps the little Beads of water stay put. "they act like a mask"<BR>Then dry and lightly scuff. then clear.<BR>You end up with a neat finish<BR>Jdee

CocaCola, that elixir from Atlanta and the same compound that tames battery terminal deposits and cleans various metals, also has well documented medical benefits for ailments like mild upset stomach and headache. This wonderful compound has almost as many uses as the famous Al Capp schmoo. grin.gif

Back in the dark ages when drug stores had soda fountains and cokes were mixed on the spot with CocaCola syrup from a container with a plunger on top, and soda water from a 3 tap dispenser [soda water on each end and and water in the middle], you could get the pharmacist to sell you a 4 or 6 oz bottle of CocaCola syrup and it was used to settle the stomachs of sick children. The normal dose was a teaspoonfull of pure syrup. Our pediatrician prescribed it for my kids as late as 1965.<P>My familiarity with soda fountain operation dates back to 1943 when at age 10 I actually worked for part of a summer behind a soda fountain in Virginia Beach, VA. No child labor laws then. There was a war on! smile.gif hvs

Guest rcirilli

hvs, those soda joints went well into the 50's at least in PA. I spent many a nickel and dime avoiding getting thrown out with my friends. It's amazing how long it took in those days to drink a Coke! Cherry Cokes even longer!!

Guest c.johnson

My first real job was at an Ice Cream parlor - the last one in the city that mixed drinks.<BR>A lot of people would come in and buy just the Coke syrup. (I'm not that old, this was '77-'80) I tell people that my first job was as a jerk - of the soda kind. The real jerk was the guy who tore down the Ice Cream parlor and put in a parking lot rolleyes.gif<P>cj

Originally posted by Coppens:<BR>I guess it was the acid in the mixture. Just think what it does to your stomach if it can take paint off a car.<P>Note:<BR>pH of Coke, about 2.5<BR>pH of Hazardous Waste, 2.0<BR>pH of your stomach acid, normally 1.0<P>I knew a girl in college who had serious ulcer problems and drank 1-2 gallons of coke a day. We used to think it was the acid, but it probably was really the caffiene.<P>

I remember when I was a kid my mom gave me cola syrup when I was sick just before I had my tonsils out I have never ever drank cola since ewwwwww and gross is the only memories I have of that

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Howard<P>I'm surprised Dan or someone hasn't made any Soda Jerk comments.<P>While we are on the subject, If any of you ever have 2-3 hours to kill in downtown Atlanta, you should visit the World of Coca-Cola. They have all sorts of memorabilia. Also, an old fashioned soda fountain, like the one Howard mentioned, complete with real live soda jerk who puts on a real interesting demo and tells a good bit about the history of Coke. There is an "all you can drink" soda fountain that fills cups by shooting the soda 10 or 12 feet through the air. And last but not least, an "all you can drink" soda fountain featuring flavors of Coca-Cola products from all over the world. Some are really good. Some are just "different". Others are down right NASTY!<p>[This message has been edited by MODEL A HAL (edited 09-15-2000).]

I have heard that some emergency medical response crews carry it as it frees up eyelids and fingers stuck with super-glue. I was told it was a fairly common problem among younger children. I dont recommend you experiment and don't know if its true or not, just another one to add to the list. Oh, for Hizemann, we don't deduct points for ants picked up on the way to the meet. Only for those that are painted over during restoration.