For Sale: 65 Riv GS - $10k in PA

cjp69

Guest clamshells
I just noticed that too. I just saw Reading, and thought CA, lol!

I need another project like I need a hole in my head.

Not saying that it's not true, but it seems that there must be a bunch of cars stored in Texas garages, then magically appear somewhere else in the U.S. when it's time to sell. :confused:

Ed

Ed, you are very perceptive. There is a large warehouse not far from JerryWorld where there are approximately 500 rust free Rivs stored at any given time. When the owners get ready to sell they drag them out then send them to the rust belt where people are craving rust free cars. Oddly enough

they are never for sale in Texas or driven down here and you can't buy one down here. You have to go up north for the actual purchase. After looking

in Texas for ten years I found mine up north!:o

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. When I bought my '63 up here in NE Kansas, the owner told me that he usually stored the car in a barn in Texas. Come to find out, it was true. He worked for Conoco Oil and moved up here when he retired and left the farm to his children to manage. I didn't develop any rust until I had it up here and used it for my daily driver for 17 years.

Just the opposite happened to me when I bought my '64. It was in Prescott, AZ, a high & dry city. Had it shipped to my place and found out later that it was driven from the rust belt to AZ before selling it. Should have taken a magnet with me to see how much bondo was covering it. Caveat emptor.

Ed

Guest clamshells

I get a kick out of "CA car" when in fact the CA coast is over 800 miles with regions seeing the sun maybe 3 months a year. The cars reflect their moist sea air environment. Plenty of rust buckets around.