A word from your moderator re "Buyer Beware"

MrEarl

I recently had to edit out the name of a seller from a "Buyer Beware" post. While I appreciate that some of you may make these type posts as a service and with good intentions to help others avoid making the same mistake in dealing with a seller, the AACA STRICTLY forbids critical or disparaging remarks toward businesses or persons. They site the potential for lawsuits as their reason.

If you have something you feel should be known by the members simply post a brief description of the issue and advise members to contact you via email or pm for more info.

As I understand some of you may not have been aware of this rule and as some in the Riviera forum may not visit upstairs very often, I wanted to make this post here. Please take a minute to read the AACA/BCA forum rules. http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buick-forum-rules-guidelines-370045.html

thanks for your understanding

Lamar

Bringing this back to the top. 135 views but apparently some didn't get the message.

Here's the rule:

No critical or disparaging remarks toward any domestic or foreign business, domestic or foreign product or person. Do not post a person or companies name nor the name of a product.

HOWEVER:

If you wish to relate a bad experience with a vendor or product or have something you feel should be known by the members, simply post a brief description of the issue and advise members to contact you via email or pm for more info.

This is not a new rule, it has been challenged many times before and I can assure you no new challenge or any amount of whining or claims of denied rights of speech etc is going to change AACA managements view or stand on the matter, so gentlemen save your breath....please.

and again, thanks for your understanding and cooperation

Lamar

I may be the most resent member with a vendor problem. I apologize for not knowing the rules but thank you Lamar for not deleting my post like the first moderator did. At least this route will allow me to get the message out, slowly, but still faster than before the 'net

Here is a link to my vendor problem. Feel free to PM me as many already have. Thanks

http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=377043