Geneva Green paint...noticed that "Coleman green" was maybe pretty close

beerczar1976

Hey guys. Was away for a week of Coast Guard Reserve duty. Last night while I was cleaning up our old Coleman 2-burner stove, I happened to notice that it looks pretty close in color to my stock wheels and vent window rain guards. I haven't done a thorough side-by-side yet, but first glance put's them pretty close. My wife also thought the same thing.

I just checked a Coleman resto. forum and it turns out Krylon sells a Hunter Green in spray can that those guys are all using; Rustoleum also has it in 3 slightly different shades of HG also. Any thoughts on how well these might match or if it's close enough? I checked with the local parts guy who can mix custom paint, but quoted me a pretty high price for enough paint to do all 5 wheels. My current rims and rain guards seem to be original paint, but are pretty worn and oxidized. The car itself had been re-painted another color by last owner, so I don't have much to go by except on-line paint chips, which even then, based on monitor or printer quality/settings will look different anyway. Yes, I know that rain guards and wheels should match body color, but I thought the original Geneva Green would look pretty good with the current Dark Red Pearl color of the body, and also show as a styling hint of original factory color.

Thanks!

Now that's a new one I don't believe I had found before. May definitely see how much a small batch of ready to use Nason Deep Red will run me. I've got left-over can from the body painting job, but I don't know if (1) it's still any good, and (2) if it was prepped for air gun. Got quite a few chips to touch-up here and there.

Hi,

I had success with painting some smaller parts with the same quart of Palm Beach Tan paint I bought from TCPglobal by using an aerosol-attachment sprayer. I bought that sprayer from Eastwood.com, but they are available at any paint shop.

--Tom

Hi,

On a related, but admittedly dissimilar note, has anyone tried any of the "spray-on chrome" systems that have appeared in the last few years? Jay Leno's Garage has a video of one system, and Eastwood offers one also.

Results? Ease of Use? Would you use it again?

--Tom