36 buick hood

rlcokc

Getting ready to put hood back on my 36 special and don't remember where the trapazoid looking washer goes. It is 4 sides wider at one side and narrower on the opposite. Believe it goes on top of channel for good but may be washer going under dash wher the bolt goes thru. Thanks for any help on this one.

Rod

Rod, I`m still putting my `36 coupe together also, I got this piece out and looked at it and can tell that it goes on top. It`s actually a spacer that the back end of the hood hinge mount tightens down on.. The channel stops on each side of this piece.. Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jstarrquin
Rod, I`m still putting my `36 coupe together also, I got this piece out and looked at it and can tell that it goes on top. It`s actually a spacer that the back end of the hood hinge mount tightens down on.. The channel stops on each side of this piece.. Tom

I would very much appreciate a pic or photocopy of pic of this spacer with dimensions also. My vehicle was totally dismantled when I got it, and this piece apparently missing. Consequently, the hood sides slide up and down the hinge rod whenever opened or closed. Very aggravating. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

post-32309-143142573575_thumb.jpgTom sent me photos which I will attach. There are additional photos altho they are repetitive of these two. If you want additional photos contact my at cookr@oge.com and I will forward. I could not take photos as my hood now installed. Tom also provided dimensions: . trapezoid dim: 1 1/4"wide@base, 1"wide@top, 1 3/16" tall and is .140" thick.. hole location is 1/2" up on base centerline, 5/15" bolt.. head is shaped to fit inside the hinge.. approx. 5/8"w and 3/4"long

post-32309-143142573569_thumb.jpg

post-32309-143142573569_thumb.jpg

post-32309-143142573575_thumb.jpg